comBOX » Luminaire Test
Connect luminaires, test, dim, parameterize...
Universal test adapter with all common communication interfaces such as DALI for efficient luminaire testing.
You need a personal product advice?
Please use our direct contact:
+49 2372 901 25 40Email request
- for all kinds of LED and tube lights
- dimming – also for RGB/RGBW LED luminaires
- parameterization, configuration or flashing of ECGs
- suitable for various manufacturers of ECGs
- reading stored information from the ECG
- integrated communication interfaces to the ECG
- and more …
- testing of up to 7-lead wire harness
- optimized test functions for time-efficient production in the lighting industry
- suitable for all safety and functional tests
- devices also available for combination with the high voltage test
6 solutions for your testing task.
Please select the desired test method:
We will configure a modular solution for you – just ask us.
SCHLEICH supplies test systems for the intermediate tests and final inspection of all kinds of lamps for the entire luminaire production process. From the testing of the complete luminaire up to individual LED modules, you receive all testing methods of safety and quality testing from one source.
From the compact safety testing device to the complex test stand with camera for LED inspection or robot, SCHLEICH is your competence partner.
The comBOX contains both the typical contact to the luminaire (mains and dim connection) and a variety of market-typical interfaces for communication with the ECG in the luminaire.
Typically, test instruments of the GLP2-BASIC and GLP2-MODULAR equipment class are used for luminaire testing. These test instruments have a test connection socket on the rear. This is used to connect the intelligent comBOX. It connects automatically via Plug & Play for communication with the test instrument. No additional configuration work on the part of the user is necessary.
This also makes it very easy to retrofit a comBOX at a later date.
Six comBOX models with different performance ranges are available to suit your testing task.
First of all, a luminaire must be supplied with voltage. This can be single-, two- or three-phase. All comBOXes provide 5 mains connections for this purpose. The single-phase test voltage supplied by the test device is automatically switched internally in the comBOX to either the luminaire mains connection L1, L2 or L3.
Modern luminaires are generally equipped with dimmable ECGs. Two dimming connections on the electronic ballast are typically used to set the dimming level.
These connections (DA1 and DA2) are used for communication via various bus protocols. The bus protocol can be selected directly in the test plan.
In addition to dimming, it is also possible to exchange data with the ECG. For this purpose, the tester can be used to store luminaire setting parameters in the ECG and to read out all information stored in the ECG. The freely programmable interface protocol is very flexible and leaves almost nothing to be desired. The software of the tester allows you to use and combine all available DALI-commands in any way you like.
During the production of ECGs it may also be necessary to flash the integrated microcontroller with firmware. This function can also be performed completely by the test device.
In addition to communication via the various interfaces with the ballast, the comBOX also offers the possibility of checking any through-wiring in the luminaire. It can have a maximum of 7 leads. The wiring harness is checked for interruption and polarity reversal.
For details please refer to the chapter “Variants” on this page.
If you should also carry out a high-voltage test on the luminaire, the comBOX can be fitted with high-voltage protection.
ComBOXes can be supplemented with LEDs and operating keys. The LEDs indicate the status of communication with the ECG. The operating buttons can be used for control/acknowledgement in the test sequence.
The schematic diagram shows a GLP2-MODULAR test set connected to a comBOX.
The comBOX provides up to 7 connections for the luminaire. This is the power supply for the luminaire and the communication with the ECG.
In addition, another connector with 7 connections is available as an option if you want to perform a continuity test on the wiring harness in the luminaire.
The comBOX connections and operating elements
Test connections: AC test-voltage
- Schuko test socket or country-specific test socket for connecting cable to mains terminal single phase: L1-N-PE
- 5-pole socket (type EN61535) for connecting cable to three phase mains terminal: L1-L2-L3-N-PE
- We also have suitable power terminals/lusters in our product range!
Test connection: DC test-voltage
- 3-pole socket (type EN61535) for connecting cable to DC mains terminal: plus-minus
Test connection: Communication with the ECG
- 3-pole socket (type EN61535) for connection cables : DA1-DA2
Test connection: digital output
- 2-pole socket (type EN61535) for a freely usable digital 24 V DC output
Test connection: Continuity test
- 7-pole Harting socket L1-L2-L3-N-PE-DA1-DA2 for connection cable for wiring harness
- emergency stop button (optional)
- test start button (optional)
- illuminated push button GO for result display and as confirmation of an GO visual inspection (optional)
- illuminated push button NO GO for result display and as confirmation of an NO GO visual inspection (optional)
Luster terminal adaptersContacting of 2-, 3- and 5-pole luster terminals
- fast contacting with locking
- up to 16 A
Test dummy, self-test black boxDummy test used for standardized functionality control
- for daily inspection
- universal blackboxes
- factory calibration, also according to DAkkS
Connection boxesConnection panel for connecting your device under test
- 1, 2, 3 or 4 test sockets for different country standards
- quick pressure clamps for single leads
- 4 mm laboratory sockets
- high current socket for protective conductor test probe
- for single-phase and three-phase test objects
- customized solutions
For further information please do not hesitate to contact our technical sales under:
- +49 2372 901 25 40
- Email request
SCHLEICH is a leading manufacturer of electrical safety, functional, winding and electric motor testing technology.
SCHLEICH is a world-renowned company that focuses on the development of innovative products in the field of testing technology for electrical products of all kinds.
From A to Z - everywhere SCHLEICH testing technology is in use worldwide. Our customers come from over 50 countries and regions. Everything is developed and produced in Germany.
Quality work - Made in Germany.
2022 - SCHLEICH is awarded for the fifth time as TOP100-Innovator
2016 - SCHLEICH released the first VoltageAnalyzer for measuring the real voltage directly at the winding terminals
2012 - SCHLEICH is awarded as TOP100-Innovator for the first time
2005 - SCHLEICH released the first stator tester with partial discharge test
1995 - SCHLEICH integrates touch-displays into testing devices as a world leader
1990 - SCHLEICH released the first safety and function tester with fully automatic integrated test terminal changeover
1987 - SCHLEICH released the first surge tester with PC-control under DOS and fully automatic integrated test terminal changeover
1985 - SCHLEICH released the first MotorAnalyzer
1982 - SCHLEICH focuses fully on electrical test engineering of electrical products
1952 - SCHLEICH is founded as a motor repair shop
Pioneering spirit, competence, curiosity, brand new technologies and innovations. This is what the 145-strong SCHLEICH team stands for - led by Martin & Jan-Philipp Lahrmann. Father & son. Your guarantors for long-term partnership.